Annual film and music festival in the Ko Olina Resort geared for children and families of all ages.
General: Cost: Paid
General: Kid Activities
General: Movies / Plays / Theater
General: Performing Arts
General: Photo Opportunity
The Ko Olina Children's Film & Music Festival is an annual event held at Ko Olina Lagoon 1 (Kahola Lagoon) and Aulani A Disney Resort And Spa at the Ko Olina Resort. The event, which is perfect for children of all ages and their families, showcases interactive video and music activities, live stage performances, family-friendly movies from Disney•PIXAR and the Hawai'i International Film Festival, and a sunset finale feature film on the beach.
The next (3rd annual) festival will be held on Saturday, April 30, 2016. The festivities take place right on the sand at Ko Olina Lagoon 1 (Kahola Lagoon) and throughout the property at Aulani A Disney Resort And Spa between 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm. Tickets are $25 for adults if you buy before the event or $30 at the door. Kids 12 and under are $10 each. Tickets can be purchased online at www.koolinachildrensfestival.com.
The event is a benefit for the Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children (KMCWC). KMCWC, an affiliate of Hawaii Pacific Health, is the state of Hawaii's largest health care provider and leader in the care of women, infants and children. All 100% of the ticket proceeds go to the KMCWC with the previous two years contributing a total of $100,000 to KMCWC.
Aulani A Disney Resort And Spa offers festival attendees exclusive room deals that start at $299 per night. For Aulani reservations, call 407-939-4686, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST; Saturday - Sunday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, and reference:
• Ko Olina Children's Film & Music Festival 2016
• Group Code: G0696803
• Rates are subject to availability; restrictions may apply
For the 2016 festival, classic and modern family friendly movies to be shown at Aulani throughout the day include:
• Cinderella: This live action remake of a Disney Classic film follows the fortunes of young Ella whose merchant father remarries following the death of her mother and finds herself at the mercy of cruel new family
• Monsters University: The story of how two mismatched monsters met and became lifelong friends in a movie screaming with laughter and oozing with heart
• UP: Carl Fredricksen ties thousands of balloons to his house and sets off to the lost world of his childhood dreams with an overeager 8-year-old Wilderness Explorer
• Inside Out: An inventive animated film that takes viewers on a journey from the Inside Out to discover the emotional roller coaster within
• Aladdin: Climb aboard for a magical carpet ride with nonstop laughs, actionpacked adventure and Academy Award®–winning music
• Paper Planes: From the 2015 Hawaii International Film Festival, Paper Planes tells the story of Dylan Webber, an imaginative 12-year-old boy that has a knack for folding and flying paper planes that takes his talent to the top of the World Junior Paper Plane Championship
Just after sunset, the main stage overlooking Ko Olina’s Kohola lagoon will provide the backdrop for a Disney•PIXAR short and a Disney film. This year’s featured movies include:
• Lava: Depicted as a musical love story, Lava tells the tale of a volcano looking for love among the ocean waters surrounding the Hawaiian islands
• Big Hero 6: An action-packed comedy adventure that introduces Baymax, a lovable, personal companion robot, who forms a bond with robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada
Disclaimer: We're not affiliated, authorized, associated, endorsed by, or officially connected with the company or entities listed here, or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates. All trademarks cited, listed, or shown here are the property of their respective owners. We are not responsible for errors, omissions, safety issues
, or inaccurate information. This site is for entertainment purposes only and is not an official guide. Attempting anything you see here is done so at your own risk and we are not responsible for your safety, loss of life, legal or medical fees, or damages because of anything you see or read on this site.